Georgia Blue is an album of Georgia-related songs recorded as tribute to the state and money raised goes to Georgia-based non profit organizations: Black Voters Matter, Georgia Stand-Up, and Fair Fight.
"I will admit my motivations were a bit selfish. For years, I've been looking for an excuse to record these songs with my band and some friends. The songs on this album are some of my favorite Georgia-related songs, but the tracklist is not meant to be comprehensive. I would love to cover Outkast and 2 Chainz, but I don't think the finished product would be very good. We're a rock band, so we covered rock songs. We have roots in blues and R&B, so we enlisted some brilliant artists to help us pull off songs by Precious Bryant, James Brown, and Gladys Knight.
"My favorite part of the Georgia Blue recording process was having the opportunity to work with these very special artists, and I thank them: Amanda Shires, Brittney Spencer, Adia Victoria, Brandi Carlile, Julien Baker, Béla Fleck, Chris Thile, Steve Gorman, Peter Levin, and John Paul White.
"I hope you enjoy listening to these recordings as much as we enjoyed making them. Keep listening to good music and fighting the good fight."
— Jason Isbell
1. Nightswimming feat. Bela Fleck and Chris Thile
2. Honeysuckle Blue feat. Sadler Vaden
3. It's A Man's Man's World feat. Brittney Spencer
4. Cross Bones Style feat. Amanda Shires
1. The Truth feat. Adia Victoria
2. I've Been Loving You Too Long
3. Sometimes Salvation feat. Steve Gorman
4. Kid Fears feat. Julien Baker and Brandi Carlile
1. Midnight Train To Georgia feat. Brittney Spencer and John Paul White
2. In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed feat. Peter Levin
1. I'm Through
2. Driver 8 feat. John Paul White